This artwork is about the journey humanity must take towards ascending into a higher state of being. Click image for a larger version.
The structure represents all that we can comprehend while in our human form. It’s also what keeps us within boundaries, limiting our existence, experience and understanding.
The bottom level is about developing, learning, and trying out various routes. In the process, and among progress, there’s also war and misery (as evident by the fire in the background). The cube in the field is the teaser of the ultimate prize, placed in by the people on the top level (the “Ascended”).
The second level is about expanding our horizons further, making the leap towards an enlightened state . Notice the woman in black, ready to make the leap. The man in the staircase, calls her, trying to keep her back, but it’s too late. She has superseded him. She is intrigued by the possibilities. The man also signifies the various forces that will try to keep humanity back on its journey. Notice that the observable universe is also within the boundaries of the structure.
Two humans are attempting to reach the third level. One is climbing the old fashioned way, and the other one is using (transhuman) technology to get there — both choices are acceptable. At the end of their journey, they won’t be “humans” anymore anyway.
Notice the trophy award in the middle of the third level, right below the angels painting. These two people think that this is the ultimate prize. But that’s just a trap. The third level is the most difficult level towards reaching ascendance, because humans will have to leave behind all their vices, delusions, and personal limitations. Most never manage to do that. Their only enemy in this level is themselves. Notice the human skull, hidden by the flying spaghetti monster-like flower.
At the very top, the Ascended people are waiting for more people to make it to the top. In the whole artwork, they are the only element depicted outside of the structure, able to see the bigger picture. They’re beyond time and space. Notice the planet above their heads, alluding that there may be more levels. Knowledge and wisdom have no limits. There’s always something more to explore, know and live.
- impurefaux likes this
- poursomeglitteronit likes this
- mirameqmegustta reblogged this from ahogados-derazon
- ahogados-derazon reblogged this from thecollectivecollage
- zigzagfix reblogged this from twolionss
- iremcelebi likes this
- itswhatevertheworldis reblogged this from andybrwn
- itswhatevertheworldis likes this
- andybrwn reblogged this from eugenialoli
- vladimirescu reblogged this from thecollectivecollage
- epitomeofpityme likes this
- une-forme-de-laideur reblogged this from lafillenjupe
- lafillenjupe reblogged this from iulandus
- nah-dude reblogged this from eugenialoli
- ohsoamorphous reblogged this from eugenialoli
- lafillenjupe likes this
- brandondcornell likes this
- alexphil323 reblogged this from fatallyflawedforms
- alexphil323 likes this
- kamiiphly reblogged this from forafauna
- kamiiphly likes this
- zezziz likes this
- zezziz reblogged this from dalimoon
- eleanorains reblogged this from skultuur
- eleanorains likes this
- indigohechicero reblogged this from dalimoon and added:
- carlitosofficialsite likes this
- ganja-dwarf likes this
- sumosis reblogged this from thelionsjaw
- flyniggatendencies likes this
- frankwheeler reblogged this from eugenialoli
- smurfanny reblogged this from eugenialoli
- frankwheeler likes this
- burtontracks likes this
- p3anutbubber reblogged this from eugenialoli
- turtlesympathy reblogged this from eugenialoli
- turtlesympathy likes this
- krolowa-zycia reblogged this from eugenialoli
- krolowa-zycia likes this
- irradiatedgoon reblogged this from eugenialoli
- krwikett likes this
- couhg likes this
- ly-slow reblogged this from eugenialoli
- redhotchilipepper reblogged this from quintannabis
- ntomee likes this
- lsd--zeppelin reblogged this from eugenialoli
- lsd--zeppelin likes this
- thelionsjaw reblogged this from eugenialoli
- quintannabis reblogged this from eugenialoli
- reallyappreciate reblogged this from eugenialoli